The goal of Visual Art Education at SGMS is to:
- Provide an understanding of the ways mankind has expressed ideas and recorded experiences through the medium of visual art.
- Provide a means of communicating ideas, feelings and beliefs.
- Promote human understanding, achievement and self-development through the study of visual art.
- Equip students to be knowledgeable of the influence of visual art in daily life.
- Facilitate the development of technical skills in the production of a work of art.
- Acquaint students with career opportunities in visual art.
- Facilitate the development of aesthetic awareness of natural and man-made environments.
- Equip students to analyze, criticize, interpret, and evaluate the components of a work of art.
- Encourage quality craftsmanship.